Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Warehouse Officer.
Reporting to the Senior Warehouse Officer, you will be responsible for managing and controlling all activities involved in handling, storage and distribution of goods in a safe, socially and environmentally responsible manner. In addition, you will be key contact for all Lumwana warehousing ancillary functions.
· Take responsibility for safe, secure and proper handling of all materials in storage area of responsibility in accordance with legal requirements and best practices.
· Manage all warehousing receipts operations as per set targets and undertake regular audits to ensure parts are properly binned and in time
· Manage all status of sales orders as per set targets and ensure any stock request discrepancies from area of responsibility are not only communicated to end users in time but also investigated and sorted out in time to ensure high system integrity.
· Ensure day to day warehousing activities of LMC mine run effectively, efficiently and achieve high customer service level agreements.
· Contribute positively towards departmental continuous and critical initiative plans
· Ensure appropriate storage and correct labelling in areas of responsibility
· Provide efficient and timely service to customers to meet or exceed the needs of the business
· Ensure stock take variances arising from area of responsibility are followed up and close in time frame as per stock take procedure
· Ensuring all printed picking slips are recorded in the register, accounted for at the end of every shift and all posted picking slips presented to Warehouse Admin Officer for filling as required.
· Diploma in purchasing &supply or equivalent from a recognized institution.
· 3 years’ experience in Warehouse Management and Supervision, preferably in the mining environment.
· Experience in PRONTO or other ERP Systems
· Experience in a computerized inventory Control or Warehouse Management Systems.
· Member of Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply
Apply through the link below.