Trainer – Automotive Electrical and Air Conditioning
Lumwana Mine, Solwezi, Zambia.
Reporting to: Training Coordinator-Mining Maintenance
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North-Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Trainer – Automotive Electrical and Air Conditioning.
Reporting to the Training Coordinator-Mining Maintenance, you will be responsible for training standards & systems to ensure the Maintenance team have the required maintenance competencies of mobile equipment air conditioning systems and are certified competent as per MR/or Statutory Regulations to achieve optimal safety and productivity.. Your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
· Monitor the training compliance with the requirements of maintenance trades.
· Implementation and maintenance of training program on mobile equipment auto electrical and air conditioning from light vehicles to heavy equipment.
· Source appropriate training material and utilize all resources necessary to provide a cost effective and functional training matrix.
· Develop, maintain and update Automotive Electrical and Air-conditioning training manuals/package
· Develop and implement facilitator’s manuals, capability assessments and workplace competency assessments on EH5500 shovels, EH4500 trucks, D10 dozers, 16H graders, light vehicles & light trucks.
· Conduct training as per mining maintenance skills training matrix
· Ensure accurate maintenance of training and competency records for mining maintenance personnel.
Experience & Qualifications
· Advanced Certificate or Equivalent in Automotive Electrical from a recognized Institution
· Certificate IV Workplace Training and Assessment/TEVET Technical Vocational & Training qualification or equivalent
· Accredited TEVETA Trainer & Assessor
· At least 3 years relevant work experience on mobile light and heavy trucks in the mining industry
· A qualification in Air Conditioning Repair will be an added advantage
· Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ & ERB)
ZambianMe.com is the leading website for jobs and skills in Zambia. Thousands of job seekers and recruiters use this website daily.