Trainer – High Voltage (HV) Trucks
Lumwana Mine, Solwezi, Zambia.
Reporting to: Training Coordinator
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North-Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Trainer – High Voltage (HV) Trucks
Reporting to the Training Coordinator you will be responsible for application and monitoring of training systems and processes to ensure HV Truck Technicians have the required technical skills and trade competencies to achieve optimal equipment availability, reliability and productivity of HV Electra haul trucks. Your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
· Monitor and interpret electrical-Siemens training compliance in accordance with the requirements of HV Electra haul trucks preferably Hitachi EH4500-II.
· Define and identify HV Electra haul dump trucks training needs as per Maintenance electrical organization structure.
· Develop and implement HV Electra haul truck training material, capability assessments and workplace competency assessments.
· Conduct training of HV Truck Technicians as per skills training matrix
· Source appropriate training material and utilize all resources necessary to provide a cost effective and functional training matrix.
· Ensure accurate maintenance of training and competency records for HV truck technicians
Experience & Qualifications
· Advanced Certificate in Power Electrical or Equivalent from a recognized Institution
· Certificate IV Workplace Training and Assessment/TEVET Technical Vocational Training qualification or equivalent.
· Accredited TEVETA Trainer & Assessor
· At least 3 years work experience on high voltage dump trucks in the mining industry
· Member of The Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ)
· Experience on Hitachi and Komatsu Trucks will be an added advantage
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks.
ZambianMe.com is the leading website for jobs and skills in Zambia. Thousands of job seekers and recruiters use this website daily. Please subscribe and post your skills for free!!