POSITION: Strategic Information Specialist
OPENING DATE: March 7, 2018
CLOSING DATE: March 23, 2018
WORK HOURS: Full-Time, 40 hours/Week
SALARY: Ordinarily Resident (OR): FSN- 11 (Starting salary ZK 372,559.48 p.a.); Not-Ordinarily Resident (NOR): FP-04* (Starting salary $ 66,449 p.a.) *Final grade/step for NORs will be determined by Washington.
ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) APPLICANTS (See Appendix A for definition) MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
The U.S. Mission in Zambia is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Strategic Information Specialist.
NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications received, we will only contact applicants who are being considered. Thank you for your understanding. U.S. MISSION ZAMBIA Subdivision 694/Stand 100, Kabulonga District, Ibex Hill Road P.O Box 320065, Lusaka District, 10101, Zambia An Equal Opportunity Employer
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
Incumbent will work within the Presidential Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) Coordination Office (PCO) to administer and manage the Department of State's PEPFAR portfolio as implemented in Zambia. The portfolio of activities is comprised of support for data management and reporting via PEPFAR's Strategic Information platform; the annual Country Operational Plan development; the semiannual and annual performance reporting; quarterly data reviews with the Office of the Global AIDS Coordinator (OGAC); and data quality assurance activities (USG interagency and GRZ). Incumbent will actively support the Senior Strategic Information Specialist and the Deputy PEPFAR Country Coordinator. The incumbent is supervised by the Senior Strategic Information Specialist.
Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
1. EDUCATION: Master’s degree in Public Health, Social Work, International/Development Studies, Population Studies, Epidemiology, Strategic Information, Monitoring & Evaluation or Statistics is required.
2. EXPERIENCE: Minimum of five years’ experience working in HIV/AIDS with the U.S. government, Zambian government, donors and/or with a large non-governmental organization is required. Experience must demonstrate increasing level of job complexity and responsibility.
3. LANGUAGE: Level IV (fluent) speaking, writing and reading English is required. (English language proficiency will be tested).
4. SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, keyboard/data entry are required. Advanced numerical skills required to do statistics on a regular basis.
5. JOB KNOWLEDGE: Strong understanding of PEPFAR's government approach to HIV/AIDS programming is required. Must be conversant with PEPFAR policies/procedures and requirements, and must be able to effectively communicate these to diverse audiences.
6. Detailed and broad knowledge of the health sector in Zambia as well as most up-to-date practices for data collection and analysis is required.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
The complete position description listing all of the duties and responsibilities may be obtained on our website at https://zm.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/jobs and/or by contacting the Human Resources Office on telephone number +260-211-357000 extension 7284, 7153 and 7136 or by emailing HR_Lusaka@state.gov
Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
1. Universal Application for Employment (UAE) (Form DS-174), which is available on our website or by contacting Human Resources. (See “For Further Information” above); and
2. Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. transcripts, degrees, etc.)