Western Water and Sewerage Company (WWSC) is a Commercial Water Utility Company engaged in the business of providing water supply and sanitation services to its customers in the Urban and Peri- Urban areas of Western Province of Zambia.
In a bid to enhance service delivery and customer service management, Western Water and Sewerage Company Limited being an equal opportunities employer, is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant position:
Senior Procurement Officer to be based at Head Office in Mongu. – (1)
To manage the supply chain function by procuring goods and services for Western Water and Sewerage Company in order to support smooth and efficient operations and service delivery.
- The candidate shall hold minimum qualification of a Degree in Purchasing and Supply or the equivalent
- Should have Grade 12 full certificate.
- Paid up member of Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply (ZIPS).
MINIMUM RELEVANT JOB EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 5 years experience
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receives and scrutinizes purchase requisitions to ensure correctness of specifications and approved by authorized signatories.
- Maintains and updates regularly the list of suppliers in conformity with Company procedures and guidelines.
- Sends enquiries to suppliers as per approved suppliers list or the suppliers used before.
- Sources for at least 3 quotations from selected suppliers, evaluates received quotations and recommends preferred suppliers to the Finance Manager, after taking into account the price, quality, delivery period and point of delivery.
- Raises purchase orders to selected suppliers and makes follow ups with suppliers to collect goods or ensure timely delivery of the same.
- Makes follow ups with suppliers to ensure compliance to specifications and delivery deadlines as to ensure timely receipt of specified goods and services.
- Organizes in consultation with Chairperson of the monthly Management Procurement Committee meetings and acts as secretary/records proceedings and decisions reached to guide procurement of goods and services for the Company.
- Prepares bidding documents for formal tenders and manages tender closing and opening, tender evaluations and contract awards to ensure competitive tendering adherence to Company procedures.
- Sources new sources of supply, negotiates with suppliers better terms on prices, credit terms and discounts to ensure cost saving.
- Prepares timely procurement reports in order to facilitate decision making.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
REQUIRED COMPETENCES/PERSONAL QUALITIES:
- Knowledge of Company tender procedures
- Knowledge of the ZPPA Act and regulations
- Good negotiating skills
- Computer literate
- Good communication skills
- High integrity, confidentiality and dependability
The job of Senior Procurement Officer is a three (3) year fixed term contract renewable based on performance and personal conduct. Interested candidates aged between 35 and 45 years must submit their applications accompanied with detailed curriculum vitae and copies of academic and professional certificates and names of three (3) referees by not later than 15th July 2019 to the following address: Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Managing Director
Western water and sewerage Company Limited
P.O BOX 910445