The National Assembly of Zambia invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the positions below:
SENIOR RESEARCH OFFICER
Duties and Responsibilities
• Conducting desk, secondary and primary research;
• Advising on appropriate research methods for research projects;
• Preparing background and presentation papers on various subject matters;
• Supervising research projects, including research design, project management, technical support, staff training, field research, analysis and report writing;
• Planning for and overseeing dissemination of information;
• Ensuring adherence to defined quality, standards and policies on all projects undertaken, in particular, the quality control of research outputs;
• Preparing policy and discussion papers on relevant and topical issues;
• Ensuring that policy advice is informed by accurate information;
• Supervising staff reporting directly to the Senior Research Officer; and
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor from time-to-time.
Qualifications and Experience
• Grade 12 School Certificate;
• A relevant university degree in a social science field_ A post graduate course involving significant qualitative and quantitative research will be an added advantage;
• At least five (5) years hands-on work experience in research and research management;
• Proficiency in the use of at least one statistical software package such as SPSS and SAS; and
Experience of analysing data, including policy analysis and making recommendations from findings;
Applications, with detailed curriculum vitae, clearly indicating three (3) traceable referees, including their contact details, should be submitted and addressed to:
The Hon. Mr Speaker
P. 0. Box 31299 LUSAKA
The closing date of receipt of applications is 16th March, 2018.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
ZambianMe.com is the leading website for jobs and skills in Zambia. Thousands of job seekers and recruiters use this website daily. Please subscribe and post your skills for free!!