The National Assembly of Zambia invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the positions below:
SENIOR RESEARCH OFFICER
Duties and Responsibilities
• Conducting desk, secondary and primary research;
• Advising on appropriate research methods for research projects;
• Preparing background and presentation papers on various subject matters;
• Supervising research projects, including research design, project management, technical support, staff training, field research, analysis and report writing;
• Planning for and overseeing dissemination of information;
• Ensuring adherence to defined quality, standards and policies on all projects undertaken, in particular, the quality control of research outputs;
• Preparing policy and discussion papers on relevant and topical issues;
• Ensuring that policy advice is informed by accurate information;
• Supervising staff reporting directly to the Senior Research Officer; and
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor from time-to-time.
Qualifications and Experience
• Grade 12 School Certificate;
• A relevant university degree in a social science field_ A post graduate course involving significant qualitative and quantitative research will be an added advantage;
• At least five (5) years hands-on work experience in research and research management;
• Proficiency in the use of at least one statistical software package such as SPSS and SAS; and
Experience of analysing data, including policy analysis and making recommendations from findings;
Applications, with detailed curriculum vitae, clearly indicating three (3) traceable referees, including their contact details, should be submitted and addressed to:
The Hon. Mr Speaker
P. 0. Box 31299 LUSAKA
The closing date of receipt of applications is 16th March, 2018.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.