As a key member of our cafe’s hospitality staff, the manager must ensure the cafe operates smoothly, with sufficient stock and staff at all times. Strong leadership and personnel management skills should be accompanied by a customer service orientation and commitment to company values and image.
Qualifications and Skills
- Grade Twelve (12) Certificate required
- Diploma in Business Management, Hotel Management or equivalent
- 2+ years’ experience in a busy food service business
- Extensive working knowledge of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. Knowledge of local regulations related to food and alcohol service and health code compliance.
- Competency in resource management, inventory control and knowledge of basic accounting principles, personnel management and marketing. Proficiency with point-of-sale software required.
- Customer service orientation coupled with excellent interpersonal communication skills, exceptional organization and leadership skills
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends