The Pensions and Insurance Authority (PIA) is the regulatory and supervisory Authority for the Pensions and Insurance Industry in Zambia. The entities operating in the pensions and insurance market include among others; insurance companies, reinsurance companies, insurance intermediaries, pension schemes, fund managers and fund administrators.
The Authority hereby invites applications from suitably qualified, experienced, passionate and inspirational candidates to fill the following position.
REGISTRY CLERK- One (1) Position
Overall Responsibilities: –
Reporting to the Human Resources and Administration Manager- the Registry Clerk shall manage the registry functions to ensure that the Authority operates an efficient and effective central registry to support the services of the Authority.
Specific Duties: –
- To maintain the institutions central registry system including storing, arranging, indexing and classifying records.
- Facilitating the development of filing systems and maintaining these to meet administrative, legal, and financial requirements.
- Devising and ensuring the implementation of retention and disposal schedules.
- Overseeing the management of electronic and/or paper—based information.
- Setting up, maintaining, reviewing, and documenting records systems.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant legislation and regulations.
- Preserving the Institution’s corporate memory and heritage.
- Managing circulation/transfer of records and documents.
- Responding to enquiries relating to items maintained in the registry and as required, search for and provide information.
- Sorting information and documents for filing according to database and record management system protocols.
- Classifying and coding documents for inclusion in the database and record management systems.
- Remove active files for archiving.
- Registration and dispatch of outgoing mail.
- Grade 12 Certificate with a minimum of five (credits)
- Diploma in Records Management/Library Studies
- Effective communication and organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills including the ability to operate computerized library, database and graphics programmers at proficient level
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Tact and discretion for dealing with confidential information
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- At least three years’ experience in a similar position
Applicants meeting the above qualifications should submit an application letter, copies of certificates and Curriculum Vitae to the address below. The deadline is 19th June, 2019.
Human Resources and Administration Manager
Pension and Insurance Authority
Stand No. 4618
Lubwa Road, Rhodespark
P/Bag 30x, Ridgeway