Position Title: Radiology Technologist
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Medical Director –
Frequency of Travel:
Provides information to diagnose patient illnesses by operating radiologic equipment to produce radiographs.
- Identifies patient service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Ensures operation of radiology equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains radiology supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Complies with radiation and Protection Authority and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by reviewing professional publications and establishing personal networks.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Gains patient cooperation by reducing anxieties; providing explanations of treatment; answering questions.
- Prepares patient for radiological procedure by positioning patient; adjusting immobilization devices; moving equipment into specified position; adjusting equipment controls to set exposure factors.
- 1-3 years of professional work experience required in Radiology.
- Grade twelve certificate
- Diploma in Radiology.
- Registration with the Health Professions Council of Zambia