Position: Project Manager- Prevent Sexual Gender Based Violence
We believe in a world in which every human life is valued, and health and human dignity are shared by all.
We believe that access to quality healthcare is a basic human right. For more than 100 years, we have worked with global partners to deliver locally sustainable, quality healthcare solutions to women, children and their communities. We’re ready to make it 100 more.
We believe change starts with her.
We work tirelessly for women’s and children’s health because they are disproportionately affected by illness and poverty. We know that healthy, educated, and empowered women are better able to raise healthy, educated, and confident children, and that communities depend on their livelihoods. We’re making an impact – learn more.
We believe in people.
We strive to live out our core values of collaboration, love, excellence and respect every day. We provide our employees with a competitive salary and a meaningful benefits package, with opportunities to learn and grow. We especially encourage all persons of diverse backgrounds to apply. Read more from our President & CEO below.
Purpose of the position:
To provide technical direction to the program and oversee the development and execution of CMMB’s approaches in the European Union (EU) Prevent Sexual & Gender Based Violence Project (S&GBV). The Project Manager provides expertise in post sexual care, integration of Gender Based Violence (GBV) screening, treatment and referral into clinical services and establishment/identification of high-quality psychosocial services, prevention and coordination of interventions. Provide technical guidance in the integration of relevant policies and program thematic areas that will ensure depth, scale and impact of the project.
- Provide guidance and on-going support and technical assistance on the design, implementation and monitoring of all program areas for the project (Prevention and Survivor Support)
- Actively participate in the establishment of effective and comprehensive monitoring and evaluation systems
- Lead the development of any relevant training modules and packages for smooth project implementation
- Identify and establish high quality preventive and post SGBV Care services
- Ensure CMMB project standards meet or exceed donor expectations
- Provide technical SGBV prevention and response expertise to CMMB
- Provide technical expertise for staff and partners at all levels
Reporting, Monitoring and Evaluation
- In liaison with the Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Manager, develop reporting and evaluation processes for performance management of the project.
- Lead and participate in program development, review process and reporting
- In liaison with the M&E Manager, assist in assessments, surveys or evaluations to help mitigate risk, set standards, policy formation and program development
- Coordinate and facilitate report writing process for the project with integration of all CMMB program thematic areas
- Supervise and support district Project Coordinators
- Hold quarterly and monthly performance review meetings district coordinators and partners
- Coordination and Documentation of project Results
- Provide direction and coordination in the development, dissemination and promotion of Project strategies aligned to CMMB strategy map, standards and tools
- Facilitate collaboration with government line Ministries on the technical aspects of the project at all levels
- Facilitate the documentation of best practices and lessons learned, directed towards multiple audiences, to influence policy formation, develop capacity and foster professionalism
- Manage performance for direct reports and give timely feedback
- Build the capacity of staff and key partners to increase levels of knowledge and skills on SGBV through training, coaching and supervision
- Internally and externally assist and support the building of CMMB organizational culture .
- Perform any other duties as assigned
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Health and or its equivalent
- Must have at least five years’ experience in S&GBV programing and NGO setting
EU or grant management experience critical
- Good understanding of existing trends and policies on conventions asserted to as Zambia and policies that govern issues around GBV.
- Experience working in emergencies and rural development
- Must have strong design, monitoring and evaluation skills
- Ability to provide training, leadership, innovation and be customer focused
- Excellent training and facilitation skills
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Must be able to travel extensively to program locations within Northern province and to other places as required
- Strong cross cultural, analytical, interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
Competencies and Attributes:
- Excellent facilitation skills and experience in developing training modules and packages
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and take responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives into substantive work.
- Experience in using community-based approaches.
- Excellent communication and team-working skills, with the ability to build good relations, both within CMMB and externally.
- Must have excellent analytical and report writing skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and good computer skills, including use of the Internet.
- Commitment to the fight against various vices of GBV, and poverty.
- Commitment to uphold the vision, mission and values of CMMB.
Work environment: Office based with frequent travel.
How to apply
Interested persons should send a detailed application letter,a detailed CV and copies of certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org or The Human Resource Manager, Plot 20 Msuzi Road, Woodlands. P.O.Box 320146, Lusaka.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 12th July 2019.