The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a non-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future. For more information, please visit http://www.iita.org.
IITA is seeking to employ the services of fully qualified and experienced Zambian nationals to fill up the following positions at its Lusaka Station:
PROCUREMENT ASSISTANT – REF NO: SARAH/PA/10/19
Under the direct supervision of the Regional Hub Administrator and in coordination with the Internal Procurement Committee, the Procurement Assistant will be responsible for designing and implementing a sound procurement system following IITA’s Standard Operating Procedures.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in the development and maintenance of documented standards for procurement governance and procurement processes which result in value for money outcomes and minimize procurement risk.
- Develop and maintain organizational procurement capacity by providing training and support to staff regarding procurement processes and governance.
- Provide operational support and advice to the Internal Procurement Committee and staff in relation to procurement, contracting and contactors management.
- Establish and maintain a Contact Register of prospective, potential and existing sources of supply.
- Place tender advertisements, review tender documents, and coordinate tender evaluation processes to ensure best practices in tendering and contracting.
- Manage the record keeping requirements of the tender and contracting processes.
- Utilize risk management skills to ensure contractors and suppliers always have appropriate insurance/work cover/bonds.
- Promote excellent customer service, identify, review and implement strategies to improve service, quality and efficiency.
- Perform all other related duties that may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor
Qualification and Experience
- A minimum of Professional Diploma in Procurement and Supply (Preferred),
- Advanced Diploma in Business Administration or equivalent qualification.
- At least three (3) or more years of professional experience in an International Organization in Supply Chain duties. Knowledge and experience in purchasing under donor funded projects is desirable.
- Member of the Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply (ZIPS)
- Good computer skills in common word processing (MS Word), spreadsheet (MS Excel), and accounting software.
General information: The employment contracts are for an initial period of three years. Renewal is dependent on performance and availability of funds.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested applicants should forward their detailed curriculum vitae and covering letter as One Document by email to IITA-Zambia@cgiar.org no later than 19th June 2019. The application should be addressed to the Human Resources Officer. Stating clearly in the subject line the position being applied for.
IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from women candidates.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.