Requisition Number: 503035
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Location: Kalumbila (140km west of Solwezi)
Categories: Construction, Operations / General Management
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- Should manage spillages on all mine roads
- Ensure the check-list is completed and submitted
- Ensure good house-keeping
- To follow operating manuals and general signage
- To report all defects on a machine and care for the machine
- To be fit for work and care for others.
- To follow correct instructions from the respective supervisor and laid down procedure and regulations.
- Performs other related duties that may be required
- Minimum of a Grade Nine (Grade 9) School Certificate
- A minimum of 2 years relevant experience in the field
Apply from the following link.
ZambianMe.com is the leading website for jobs and skills in Zambia. Thousands of job seekers and recruiters use this website daily. Please subscribe and post your skills for free!!