JOB TITLE: MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT
REPORTING TO: FINANCE MANAGER
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will inter-alia be responsible for the following:
- Planning, Studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory and labor.
- Analyzing data collected and recording results
- Analyzing changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost
- Analyzing actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs
- Recording cost information for use in controlling expenditures
- Analyzing audits of costs and preparing reports
- Making estimates of new and proposed product costs
- Providing management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
- Maintaining Cost Accounting System
- Conducts physical inventories and monitors cycle count program
- Reconciles finished goods inventories
- Timely preparation of monthly financial and management accounts and adhoc reports
- Timeous reconciliation of general ledger, sub modules and control accounts
- Ensure that statutories are reconciled and timeously paid
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the FM
The ideal candidate should posses the following attributes and qualifications:
- An Accounting Degree/Professional qualification such as ZICA, ACCA or CIMA
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar position, 2 must be at supervisory level
- Conversant with Sage line 1000 accounting package with particular emphasis on
- Manufacturing Module is a prerequisite.
Interested candidates to send cvs and applications by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Preference will be give to candidates that are available at short notice.
Deadline is 12 June 2019