Title : MAINTENANCE SUPERINTENDENT
The Maintenance Superintendent will report to the Plant Manager or his designated officer
The Maintenance Superintendent is responsible for the physical upkeep of the plant and is under the direction of the Plant Manager. He or she must maintain and operate all mechanical equipment and supervise all maintenance employees.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Train and be responsible for work performed by all staff members under his or her direction.
- Counsel (and document) maintenance employees to improve their work and work attitudes.
- Establish schedules and assign personnel routine maintenance tasks.
- Make certain that the plant has maintenance coverage at all times in case of emergencies or emergency work requests. Able to be on emergency on call status to respond to emergency work orders.
- Perform all duties with the highest consideration for safety, and train and be responsible for all staff members to do so as well.
- Conduct monthly safety meetings with staff and document topics discussed. Emphasize safety with all new employees.
- Continually inspect buildings, grounds and common areas to identify needed preventative maintenance, to ensure that the buildings and common areas are clean, grounds are being properly maintained and to identify current and potential safety hazards.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and well organized shop and equipment storage area in compliance with all Occupational Health and Safety regulations.
- Perform necessary maintenance and repairs in plant with work orders.
- Strive to see that all work orders are completed within 24 hours.
- Maintain operating manuals, warranty records and other materials pertaining to general inventory and parts replacement and availability.
- Keep abreast of developments in the field, including new products and new and less expensive ways of making repairs
- Complete and return Monthly Preventative Maintenance Sheets.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Degree/Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Experience with operating and maintaining extruders and expellers is vital for this role
- At least 3 – 5 years experience in a managerial/supervisory role in mechanical maintenance
- Aged between 30 and 45 years of age
How To Apply:
Candidates that meet the above requirements should send their CVs and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org by or before Thursday 11th July, 2019.