Requisition Number: 506763
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Categories: Engineering, Smelter
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
This position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Carry out inspections on all Cherry Pickers on site.
- Prioritise the breakdown if any defect/s is recorded during the inspections in order to mitigate risk of the crane and decide between immediate repairs or plan repairs.
- Prepare parts after inspections to ensure availability so that repairs can occur as per schedule. If parts are not available or stocked, then order should be placed.
- Work hand in hand with the maintenance planner and Heavy Equipment supervisor in scheduling the repair jobs for the Cherry Pickers.
- Ensure proper right-to-know and other OSHA regulations are followed for the safety of all employees.
- Ensure that ANSI’s are created for major/critical parts and put in stock for both new and old mobile cranes, to prevent unnecessary delays.
- Advise management as to whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Maintaining good working relationships with internal and external departmental employees.
- Grade 12 Certificate.
- Minimum of a Diploma Certificate in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Minimum experience 2 – 3 years in a similar role, with a particular focus on Mobile Cranes exposure.
- Previous work experience in a large copper mining operation will be advantageous.
- Root cause failure analysis skills and experience in identifying failures and defect elimination.
- Computer literacy with experience in Pronto system.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English.
- Ability to achieve results in a cross cultural environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels.
- Bold initiative
- Thinking Safety
- Upholding Quality
- Technical Skill
- Driving Quantity
- Driving attendance
- Standby and overtime when required.
- Must be able to work with minimum Supervision.
- Very good verbal communication skills.
Applications close: 18 Jul 2019 FLE Daylight Time