Western Water and Sewerage Company (WWSC) is a Commercial Water Utility Company engaged in the business of providing water supply and sanitation services to its customers in the Urban and Peri- Urban areas of Western Province of Zambia.
In a bid to enhance service delivery and customer service management, Western Water and Sewerage Company Limited being an equal opportunities employer, is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant position:
Internal Auditor to be based at Head Office in Mongu. – (1)
Reporting to the Board of Directors and administratively reporting to the Managing Director. The job holder shall be responsible for effective management of the Internal Audit Unit and provides advice to the Board and Senior Management on policy matters, regulations and operational systems.
ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- The candidate shall hold minimum qualification of a full professional accounting qualification such as ACCA, CIMA or ZICA. An academic qualification in Finance or Accountancy is an added advantage.
- Should have a full Grade 12 certificate.
- Must be a paid up member of Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA)
MINIMUM RELEVANT JOB EXPERIENCE
1. Minimum of 5 years experience in auditing or accounting.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Objectively reviews an organization’s business processes and procedures guidelines.
- Evaluate the efficacy of risk management procedures that are currently in place.
- Protect against fraud and theft of the organization’s assets.
- Ensure that the organization is complying with relevant laws and statutes.
- Make recommendations on how to improve internal controls and governance processes.
- Review and evaluate adequacy and effectiveness of the systems.
- Assess the audit findings and initiate corrective measures to ensure effectiveness in financial system of operations.
- Prepare audit reports including the audit findings and appropriate corrective actions initiated for the top management.
- Ensure, track and monitor appropriate follow-up actions on audit queries.
- Ensure best practices, standards and procedures of the company in all audit operations.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the Board/Managing Director from time to time.
REQUIRED COMPETENCES/PERSONAL QUALITIES:
- Ability to undertake complex audit assignments
- Good analytical skills
- Good communication skills (both written and oral)
- High level of honesty, integrity, objectivity and independence of thought
- Good initiative and personal organization
The job of Infrastructure Development and Planning Engineer is a three (3) year fixed term contract renewable based on performance and personal conduct. Interested candidates aged between 35 and 45 years must submit their applications accompanied with detailed curriculum vitae and copies of academic and professional certificates and names of three (3) referees by not later than 15th July 2019 to the following address: Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Managing Director
Western water and sewerage Company Limited
P.O BOX 910445