The Pensions and Insurance Authority (PIA) is the regulatory and supervisory Authority for the Pensions and Insurance Industry in Zambia. The entities operating in the pensions and insurance market include among others; insurance companies, reinsurance companies, insurance intermediaries, pension schemes, fund managers and fund administrators.
The Authority hereby invites applications from suitably qualified, experienced, passionate and inspirational candidates to fill the following position.
INSPECTOR PRUDENTIAL SUPERVISION PENSIONS – One (1) Position
Overall Responsibilities: –
Reporting to the Manager – Prudential Supervision – Pensions, the Inspector will be responsible for risk analysis, assessments and inspections of regulated pension schemes/funds and related entities in order to enhance compliance to the Pension Scheme Regulation Act and sound financial and business practices.
Specific Duties: –
- Compiles lists of overdue statutory returns and advises the Manager accordingly.
- Prepares pre – inspection and risk analysis reports for assigned regulated entities so that the risk profile and inspection plan can be agreed with Supervisor.
- Conducts prudential routine and non-routine inspections of assigned regulated companies and entities, collecting data and inspecting financial records and other data/information of the business to determine risks and their continued viability as well as ability to service clients adequately.
- Drafts inspection reports which highlights whether or not inspected entities are adhering to legal provisions, regulations and set standards and develops recommendations to the Manager-Prudential Supervision for action where necessary.
- Processes received applications for registration by ensuring that information and documentation are complete and that applicants meet the minimum registration requirement for the type of schemes set by the PIA in accordance with the provisions of the Pension Scheme Regulation Act before forwarding them to Supervisor with recommendations.
- Reviews inspection procedures so that they can be kept up-to-date with industry best
- practices and developments to ensure uniform treatment of supervised entiti es.
- Full Grade 12 certificate with creditor better in Mathematics and pass in English.
- Degree in either Accounting/Business Administration or Full professional accountancy qualification such as ACCA/CIMA/ZICA.
- Masters programme will be an added advantage.
- 3 years’ relevant experience in audit or financial sector preferably 2 years in a related industry.
Applicants meeting the above qualifications should submit an application letter, copies of certificates and Curriculum Vitae to the address below. The deadline is 19th June, 2019.
Human Resources and Administration Manager
Pension and Insurance Authority
Stand No. 4618
Lubwa Road, Rhodespark
P/Bag 30x, Ridgeway