The Pensions and Insurance Authority (PIA) is the regulatory and supervisory Authority for the Pensions and Insurance Industry in Zambia. The entities operating in the pensions and insurance market include among others; insurance companies, reinsurance companies, insurance intermediaries, pension schemes, fund managers and fund administrators.
The Authority hereby invites applications from suitably qualified, experienced, passionate and inspirational candidates to fill the following position.
Overall Responsibilities: –
Reporting to the Manager- Market Development – Pensions, the Inspector will be responsible for promoting the acceleration of the development of the pensions sector in the country through research, reviews, risk analysis, facilitating the availability of customer centric products and conduct various pension development initiative programmes.
Specific Duties: –
- Undertakes research under the guidance of Supervisor to obtain information and data to ascertain performance of the industry.
- Participate in the research and review of laws, standards and procedures that are relevant to the supervision and development of the pensions sector
- Compile reports on the pension sector and advise the Manager
- Conduct or participate in stakeholder programmes and activities for the stimulation of the sector.
- Engage with the players, policy makers and other stakeholders to enable the sector to achieve increase in up -take of the products and services
- Facilitate knowledge sharing and coordination among players and with others
- Stimulate innovations and improvement in the value added chain
- Build capacity of pensions industry players
- Maintain a current Authority’s Knowledge Centre in terms of research/policy documents/papers developed by the Authority or other relevant authorities
- Provide content and support to Communications or ICT Unit to ensure that the Authority’s website contains relevant and adequate regulatory and market information and data for public use.
- Assist in market conduct supervision, or prudential supervision as need arises.
- Full Grade 12 certificate with credit or better in Mathematics and pass in English.
- Degree in either accounting/Business Administration or Full professional accountancy qualification such as ACCA/CIMA/ZICA.
- Masters programme and research methodology will be an added advantage.
- 3 years’ relevant experience in audit or financial sector preferably 2 years in a related industry.
Applicants meeting the above qualifications should submit an application letter, copies of certificates and Curriculum Vitae to the address below. The deadline is 19th June, 2019.
Human Resources and Administration Manager
Pension and Insurance Authority
Stand No. 4618
Lubwa Road, Rhodespark
P/Bag 30x, Ridgeway