The Pensions and Insurance Authority (PIA) is the regulatory and supervisory Authority for the Pensions and Insurance Industry in Zambia. The entities operating in the pensions and insurance market include among others; insurance companies, reinsurance companies, insurance intermediaries, pension schemes, fund managers and fund administrators.
The Authority hereby invites applications from suitably qualified, experienced, passionate and inspirational candidates to fill the following position.
INSPECTOR MARKET DEVELOPMENT – INSURANCE – One (1) Position
Overall Responsibilities: –
Reporting to the Manager – Market Development – Insurance, the Inspector will be responsible for promoting the development of the insurance sector in the country through policy research and review, industry performance & risk review and analysis, and conduct of various insurance development initiative programmes.
Specific Duties: –
- Undertakes research under the guidance of Supervisor to obtain information and data to ascertain performance ofthe industry
- Undertakes research and review of laws, regulations, standards and procedures that are relevant to supervision and development of the insurance sector.
- Compile macro-prudential (industry wide risk) analyses on the Insurance sector
- Compile Industry reports on the Insurance sector
- Maintain and update the Authority’s Knowledge Centre (i.e a catalogue and database of research/policy documents/papers developed by the Authority or other relevant authorities)
- Provide content and support to Communications or ICT Unit to ensure that the Authoritys website contains relevant and adequate regulatory and market information and data for public use.
- Conduct or participate in stakeholder programmes and activities for the stimulation of the sector. These activities include capacity-building of policymakers, insurers and intermediaries and consumer education
- Assist in market conduct supervision, or prudential supervision as need arises.
- Full Grade 12 certificate with creditor better in Mathematics and pass in English.
- Degree in either accounting!Business Administration or Full professional accountancy qualification such as ACCA/CI MA/ZICA.
- Masters programme and research methodology will be an added advantage.
- 3 years’ relevant experience in audit or financial sector preferably 2 years in a related industry.
Applicants meeting the above qualifications should submit an application letter, copies of certificates and Curriculum Vitae to the address below. The deadline is 19th June, 2019.
Human Resources and Administration Manager
Pension and Insurance Authority
Stand No. 4618
Lubwa Road, Rhodespark
P/Bag 30x, Ridgeway