Western Water and Sewerage Company (WWSC) is a Commercial Water Utility Company engaged in the business of providing water supply and sanitation services to its customers in the Urban and Peri- Urban areas of Western Province of Zambia.
In a bid to enhance service delivery and customer service management, Western Water and Sewerage Company Limited being an equal opportunities employer, is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant position:
Infrastructure Development and Planning Engineer to be based at Head Office in Mongu. – (1)
Responsible for the planning, coordination, monitoring and supervision of all engineering projects undertaken by Western Water and Sewerage Company ensuring that all projects are completed in accordance with the Terms of References (TOF) in the contracts and within time frame, cost and quality specifications for improved service delivery.
ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND MEMBERSHIP:
- The candidate shall hold minimum qualification of a Degree in Civil, Mechanical, Structural or Water Engineering.
- Should have a full Grade 12 certificate.
- Paid up member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia (EIZ).
MINIMUM RELEVANT PRE – JOB EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 5 years experience especially in a water sector
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares Terms of Reference and specification for plans of works to be carried out by external contractors and consultants.
- Planning and designing of water supply systems, including: intakes, transmission and distribution systems, pumping systems, water treatment plants, reservoirs, infiltration galleries, stilling pans
- Regularly attending projects site inspections and site meetings with stakeholders and preparation of project daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly progress reports
- Conducting, coordinating & analyzing site quality control tests as maybe required.
- Checking the adherence to specification, standards of all ongoing and completed works
- Manage each client needs and expectation for the project assigned.
- Prepares project proposals for the Company in order to attract financing.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the Technical Manager from time to time.
REQUIRED COMPETENCES/PERSONAL QUALITIES:
- Strategic/business planning skills
- Highly developed leadership and Management skills
- Development and Planning skills
- Computer literate
- Good analytical skills
- Good initiative and personal organization
The job of Infrastructure Development and Planning Engineer is a three (3) year fixed term contract renewable based on performance and personal conduct. Interested candidates aged between 35 and 45 years must submit their applications accompanied with detailed curriculum vitae and copies of academic and professional certificates and names of three (3) referees by not later than 15th July 2019 to the following address: Or email to email@example.com
The Managing Director
Western water and sewerage Company Limited
P.O BOX 910445