IT Support Technician
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
We believe in a world in which every human life is valued, and health and human dignity are shared by all.
We believe that access to quality healthcare is a basic human right. For more than 100 years, we have worked with global partners to deliver locally sustainable, quality healthcare solutions to women, children and their communities. We’re ready to make it 100 more.
We believe change starts with her.
We work tirelessly for women’s and children’s health because they are disproportionately affected by illness and poverty. We know that healthy, educated, and empowered women are better able to raise healthy, educated, and confident children, and that communities depend on their livelihoods.
We believe in people.
We strive to live out our core values of collaboration, love, excellence and respect every day. We provide our employees with a competitive salary and a meaningful benefits package, with opportunities to learn and grow. We especially encourage all persons of diverse backgrounds to apply.
As this is a front-line position with regular contact with CMMB Zambia Staff, this position is aimed at ensuring the IT Infrastructure is working flawlessly for all project infrastructure. The technician reports to the M&E Manager working in close liaison with the CMMB US Office.
- Provides first line support for users (remote and on-site) with technical assistance, network connectivity, equipment diagnosis and troubleshooting of hardware and software
- Identify problems which require additional expertise and take appropriate action including referring problems requiring high level support
- Troubleshoots software and hardware problems on workstations and peripherals in relation to the network and Internet
- Installs cabling and communications equipment, related software packages and sets up workstations as needed.
- Support all employees and respond to all IT incidents in a timely, courteous, and efficient manner
- Provide staff training on an as needed basis
- Identify and advise the Director of IT of recurrent user inquiries, potential problems and trends
- Communicate to users the process of inquiries from receipt to closure
- Update and maintain the ticketing system to allow the accurate recording of requests received and resolution activities
- Assist in deployment of new technologies and other related tasks
- Manage IT Inventory
- Setup and troubleshoot mobile devices
- Ability to work responsibly with minimum supervision
- Ability to be proactive and come up with logical solutions
- Communicates with vendors on technical problems
- Order, maintain, setup, and distribute all telecommunications equipment
- Perform staff hardware move on as needed basis
- Perform hardware support of firewalls, servers, switches and access points within the office, as requested by the Director of IT
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree IT or related field.
- Three to five years related work experience
- Knowledge of Windows Server, Windows 7 through 10, Active Directory, DHCP, LAN/WAN, networking, Office 365, Office 2016, printers, displays and more.
- Fundamental knowledge of VMware
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees
- Attention to details
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) desired, but not required
This position is based full time in Lusaka, Zambia.
How To Apply:
Interested applicants should submit their application together with resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org position applied for on the subject line by 23rd March 2018. Include telephone and email contacts of 3 references and your daytime telephone/cellphone contact.