Lusaka Provincial Health Office (LPHO) with Support from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the under listed position:
Job Title: HIV/TB Medical Officer (9)
Location: Lusaka Sub-districts
Job Purpose: To provide medical treatment and health services to patients in order to ensure delivery of quality TB and HIV services in all supported sites.
Reports to: Medical Superintendents / Facility In-Charge
- Undertakes timely clerking, investigation and initial treatment and consults appropriately in order to provide quality patient care.
- Responsible for screening, care, treatment and follow up of all clients coming to the health facility.
- Ensures timely accurate management of clinical records in order to improve clinical performance.
- Maintain close observation and make recommendations to LPHO management regarding more effective and organized handling of specific operations.
- Delegate responsibility to appropriate clinical staff where necessary.
- Actively participate in TB/HIV research including identification and documentation of evidence based best practices.
- Provide technical support to health facilities with low Proficiency Testing (PT) results and assist sites to develop remediation measures.
- Compile weekly, monthly, quarterly as well as annual and ad-hoc reports as required using the recommended format; and
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Required Skills and Experience
- Grade Twelve (12) School Certificate.
- Fully qualified Medical Doctor from reputable institution.
- At least two (2) years of relevant work experience in the field of TB and HIV control activities, supervisory experience at health facility or district level will be an added advantage.
- Basic training in TB/HIV, HIV management for both adults and pediatrics and/or PMTCT.
- Registered with the Health Professions Council of Zambia with a valid practicing license.
- Computer literate, with high competency in using Microsoft Office application.
- Must have experience in PEPFAR supported TB/HIV activities.
- Must have strong understanding of the reporting hierarchy at all levels of health care.
- Good proficiency in oral and written English as well interpersonal skills
- Must have high level of confidentiality and Integrity.
- Trustworthy and Honest.
Interested candidates meeting the above stated qualifications and attributes are required to submit their applications with the following documents; Curriculum Vitae with Three (3) traceable Referees, Academics and Professional Qualifications, Full Registration with relevant Professional Bodies where applicable to the address below by Wednesday, 24th July, 2019.
An attractive package will be offered to successful applicants who will be appointed on Contract for an initial period of one (1) Year subject to renewal depending on performance.
Applicants should provide valid phone numbers for easy communication.
Applications should be clearly marked with the position being applied for.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Provincial Health Director
Lusaka Provincial Health Office
3 Saise Road, Longacres
P.O. Box 32573