JOB TITLE: HEAD CHEF
RESPONSIBLE TO: GENERAL MANAGER
LOCATION: MIKA LODGE LIMITED
To oversee our kitchen in preparation of food, creation of new menus, maintaining hygiene standards and adherence to statutory requirements in the department. Food costing and reduction of wastage.
- Responsible for production of meals i.e. breakfast, lunch & dinner (Hot, cold & pastry)
- Liaising with purchasing companies for food orders
- Maintaining or raising the profit margins on food
- Producing menus and new dishes
- Managing, training and participation in the recruiting of chefs
- Estimate amounts and cost of required supplies such as food and ingredients.
- Analyzing recipes to assign prices to menu items, based on food, labour, and overheads.
- Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regulations.
- Initiate high standards of food preparation and presentation.
Minimum qualifications: diploma in food production from a reputable institution and at least a minimum of five years working experience in a similar position in a 3 star hotel or better.
Core competencies should include:
- High levels of creativity
- Excellent leadership qualities
- Ability to train subordinates
- Effective communicator
- Focused, Self-motivated and innovative
- Wide range of cooking related skills
- Ability to organize and unite a team.
The position offers two years contract which is renewable based on performance.
How To Apply:
An application letter with a detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of Academic / Professional Certificates and contactable references and letters should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by the Sunday 20th May 2018. The addressee to be used is; The Human Resources and Administration department, Mika Lodge Limited, P.O Box 38836, LUSAKA.