Winrock is a recognized leader in US and international development with a focus on social and environmental issues. As a mission-driven, field-based organization, we believe that sustainable development is inclusive and that complex challenges require integrated solutions. We pride… ourselves on being a learning organization that embraces continuous improvement in program results and processes and a culture of accountability.
Winrock International (Zambia) is collaborating with the Japan Tobacco International (JTI) in implementing the Achieving Reduction of Child Labor in support of Education (ARISE) project in Kaoma and Nkeyema districts since 2013. ARISE is working to reduce and prevent child labor in targeted communities by addressing social and economic factors that drive smallholder tobacco farmers to employ children in hazardous work. ARISE is inviting applications from suitably qualified, motivated, hardworking and enthusiastic individuals to fill the vacant under the following position in Lusaka
1 x Finance Intern Achieving Reduction of Child Labor in Support of Education (ARISE III)
The Finance Intern reports to the Finance and Administration Officer based in Lusaka.
He/she focuses on taking lead in assisting the department:
- Supporting other non-financial staff through relevant coaching and training. To assist in distributing volunteer finances.
- To support the work of the Finance Unit Maintaining accurate financial records and ensuring that they are fully supported with relevant documents.
- Maintaining and managing staff and volunteer imprest ensuring that they are accurate and updated regularly.
- Raising payment vouchers to facilitate proper authorisation before the cheque is issued in accordance with financial policy.
- Collect receipts and ensure that they are kept in order and that they fully support the payment vouchers.
- Ensure Receipts are collected from Suppliers and Attached to the Correct Payment Vouchers and filed appropriately.
- Ensure Supplier Payments are done on time provided all the necessary documentation is attached.
- Support field offices with Funds requests and Retirements
- Procurement of Office & Program supplies, ensuring collection and correct filing of all relevant supporting documentation.
- General office upkeep; tidiness, document displays, billing
- Assist in organisation & execution of internal meetings
- Reception duties; meeting with suppliers, signing visitors in and out of the office
- And other duties as requested by the Supervisor
- Diploma or Business Administration or currently enrolled and seeking degree
- Strong time management skills
- Detailed oriented with strong organizational skills
- Must be able to work individually or as part of a team
- Moderate to strong knowledge of all Microsoft Office programs
If you meet the above requirements, deliver your application letters (Clearly indicating the title of the position being applied for in the e-mail address subject line), copies of your qualifications, up-to-date CV with 2 traceable referees to the following address: Zachariah.Lungu@winrock.org Applications received later than 17:00hrs on 30th June 2019, will not be considered.
Date of commencement to follow immediately soon for successful candidates.