JOB OPPORTUNITY DEPUTY DIRECTOR GENERAL
The Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) established under the Anti-Corruption Act No. 3 of 2012 as a body corporate to lead the fight against corruption in Zambia, is seeking professional services of an individual to serve as Deputy Director General. The Commission is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity and fairness, non-discrimination, gender balance and personnel deployment of most suitably qualified professionals based on merit, professionalism, knowledge, skills and attitude that attest to personal ability, integrity and social competence. The Commission now invites applications for the vacant position of Deputy Director-General on a fixed initial term of appointment of three (3) years.
A. ATTRIBUTES OF DEPUTY DIRECTOR GENERAL
The Deputy-Director General must be highly motivated, capable of working independently or as part of a team. He/ She serves as Principal Advisor to the Commission and collaborates with other offices and officials at the highest levels in GRZ, Private and Civil Society Sector Institutions and Co-operating Partners.
B. MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
I. Program Management and Oversight
1. Leads core ACC operations programme management, oversight and monitoring of work programs, as assigned by the ACC.
2. Provides expert advice in the areas of strategic planning, project design and analysis, management, structure and documentation of operations work.
3. Oversees the design and development of new activities and ensure that new interventions are consistent with the ACC Mission, and/or GRZ strategies.
1. Ensures senior level communication internally in ACC, and externally with the Commission's Stakeholders
2. Participates in the negotiations with key decision-makers on issues affecting corruption prevention and/or anti-corruption program performance
III. Financial Management and Procurement
1. Directs the development and/or technical review of program budgets.
2. Tracks financial status and expenditures, and recommends future incremental funding for anti-corruption and corruption prevention and democracy and governance programs'
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR EFFECTIVE PERFORMANCE
a. Minimum Academic Qualification:
Master's Degree in a relevant field: such as law, political science, economics, journalism, development studies, public administration, public policy, or other related social science.
b. General Qualification:
• A Degree in law and Advocate of the High Court of Zambia
• Must have practical law experience for not less than ten (10) years
C. Prior Work Experience:
1. At least seven years of progressively responsible managerial and/or project management experience.
2. At least three years' experience working in the area of corruption prevention, ethics, democracy and governance
d. Overall Responsibilities:
1. To assist the Director-General in the day-to-day direction, management and board policy implementation
2. To provide direction and leadership in the achievement of the Commissions goal, vision and mission
e. Key Competencies:
1. Ability to develop and implement strategic goals, create vision and set organizational priorities
2. Good communication and interpersonal skills inside and outside the organization
3. Ability to develop excellent stakeholder relationship and wide understanding of legislation on corruption and other financial crimes.
f. Job Knowledge:
1. Broad technical knowledge and understanding of ACC and its operations, methodologies and context as a democracy and governance public institution.
2. Broad technical knowledge of two or more of the following areas related to GRZ national development strategy: public accountability and oversight; civic participation and advocacy; and good governance and service delivery; and gender and social inclusion.
g. Skills and Abilities:
1. Technical expertise in Legal, regulatory and policy frameworks
2. Public accountability, advocacy and oversight; public and private sector anti-corruption work;
Interested candidates should
a) send a handwritten application explaining individual qualifications and competencies;
b) submit the most recent curriculum vitae presented in reverse chronological format; and
c) provide a list of at least three (3) professional references including name, contact information, with a statement on relationship to the reference.
The full application should be sent by Friday 30th March 2018 to:
PO Box 50486
ZambianMe.com is the leading website for jobs and skills in Zambia. Thousands of job seekers and recruiters use this website daily. Please subscribe and post your skills for free!!