Zambia Health Education and Communications Trust
The Zambia Health Education and Communications Trust (ZHECT) is in the third year of implementing a five year Zambia Community HIV/AIDS Prevention Project (Z-CHPP) supported by USAID through Pact. ZHECT has expanded its mandates in the project to include the Determined, Resilient, Empowered AIDS-free, Mentored and Safe (DREAMS) project targeting girls and young women which is starting in Livingstone district. ZHECT therefore seeks to recruit a Data Associate to be stationed in Livingstone to support the project data entry activities.
The Data Associate shall work with and under the supervision of the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer in managing all project data entry and analysis activities at district level. He/she will assist the Monitoring and Evaluation unit in revising, developing, implementing and maintaining the project data management system. The Data Associate will also provide technical advice and guidance to Volunteers on monitoring and evaluation activities, strengthen data quality, data collection and reporting systems as well as monitor the implementation of the project Monitoring and Evaluation plan. The Data Associate shall also assist the M&E Officer to oversee project M&E activities in co-ordination with the project team and documentation of project results.
- Receive data from sites and enter into project spread sheet
- Compile monthly summation forms, verify accuracy and sort information accordingly and enter in the DHIS2 database.
- Together with the M&E Officer, provide guidance to the volunteers on the M&E system, tools, data quality and management.
- Support capacity-building for Lay Counsellors and Behaviour Change Communication cadres to improve use and operation of project M&E systems.
- Review data for deficiencies or errors, correct any incompatibilities if possible and check completeness of data forms.
- Generate weekly reports, store completed work in a designated location and perform backup operations.
- Review project monitoring data, analyze and give feedback where necessary on a monthly basis.
- Participate in preparation of various reports including the monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports timely with accurate data.
- Ensure proper use of office equipment, report any malfunctions as soon as noticed and provide technical assistance to mentors using tablets.
- File data accordingly after entering in the database.
- Participate in conducting project Data Quality Assessments.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Diploma or higher in social sciences, public health, statistics, computer science or other relevant fields.
- Proven previous work experience in data entry will be an added advantage.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills and ability to work as a team player.
- Ability to initiate and implement activities with minimal supervision, and to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Well-developed computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, Access and Power Point. Familiarity and experience with computer database and management information systems in MS Access.
- Proven knowledge and experience in program M&E data management and quality assurance, including data entry, cleaning, analysis, interpretations and reporting.
- Proven experience working on an HIV/AIDS or health project in Zambia. Experience with USAID programs and United States Government supported HIV/AIDS M&E activities will be an advantage.
- Ability and willingness to travel for site supervision and data quality checks in project sites within the district.
How To Apply:
Interested and qualified persons should apply to:
Human Resources Manager
Zambia Health Education and Communications Trust (ZHECT)
Plot 1551, Church Road, Fairview Area
Post Net No. 221, P/B E835, Lusaka
Deadline for the submission of applications will be 23rd March 2018
ZambianMe.com is the leading website for jobs and skills in Zambia. Thousands of job seekers and recruiters use this website daily.