The National Assembly of Zambia invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the positions below:
DEPUTY CHIEF LIBRARIAN (DIGITAL INFORMATION)
a. Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintaining the Library collection of books, periodicals, documents, recordings, and other materials and facilitating access to information in the Library for both MPs and Staff;
• Orienting MPs and staff on Library activities, facilities, rules, and services including the use of the internet;
• Carrying out reading needs analysis of MPs as well as assisting with readers advisory services on the basis of knowledge of current reviews;
• Conducting Library tours for visitors to acquaint them with Library services offered to MPs and staff;
• Maintaining and managing the Parliamentary publications which include Committee reports, Daily Parliamentary Debates, Members' profiles, the Constitution, the Laws of Zambia, policy documents and staff reports ; Carrying out marketing and outreach activities to promote the use of the Library.
• Digitising of Parliamentary publications,
• Coordinating data entry on the KONA. and Dspace Information Systems;
• Coordinating the distribution of Library materials to constituency offices;
• Organising, arranging and maintaining the physical setup of the newspaper collection and other periodicals;
• Selective dissemination of information and Readers Advisory services;
• Collection development — maintaining the order list from acquisition to the shelf;
• Reference work in conjunction with the Library Assistants; and
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor from time-to-time.
b. Qualifications and Experience
• Grade 12 School Certificate;
• A Bachelor of Arts Degree in Library and Information Studies or from a recognised institution of higher learning;
• Post graduate qualification involving electronic and/or digital management will be an added advantage; and
• Minimum of five (5) years working experience in a relevant field
Applications, with detailed curriculum vitae, clearly indicating three (3) traceable referees, including their contact details, should be submitted and addressed to:
The Hon. Mr Speaker
P. 0. Box 31299 LUSAKA
The closing date of receipt of applications is 16th March, 2018.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.