The National Assembly of Zambia invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the positions below:
DEPUTY CHIEF LIBRARIAN (DIGITAL INFORMATION)
a. Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintaining the Library collection of books, periodicals, documents, recordings, and other materials and facilitating access to information in the Library for both MPs and Staff;
• Orienting MPs and staff on Library activities, facilities, rules, and services including the use of the internet;
• Carrying out reading needs analysis of MPs as well as assisting with readers advisory services on the basis of knowledge of current reviews;
• Conducting Library tours for visitors to acquaint them with Library services offered to MPs and staff;
• Maintaining and managing the Parliamentary publications which include Committee reports, Daily Parliamentary Debates, Members' profiles, the Constitution, the Laws of Zambia, policy documents and staff reports ; Carrying out marketing and outreach activities to promote the use of the Library.
• Digitising of Parliamentary publications,
• Coordinating data entry on the KONA. and Dspace Information Systems;
• Coordinating the distribution of Library materials to constituency offices;
• Organising, arranging and maintaining the physical setup of the newspaper collection and other periodicals;
• Selective dissemination of information and Readers Advisory services;
• Collection development — maintaining the order list from acquisition to the shelf;
• Reference work in conjunction with the Library Assistants; and
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor from time-to-time.
b. Qualifications and Experience
• Grade 12 School Certificate;
• A Bachelor of Arts Degree in Library and Information Studies or from a recognised institution of higher learning;
• Post graduate qualification involving electronic and/or digital management will be an added advantage; and
• Minimum of five (5) years working experience in a relevant field
Applications, with detailed curriculum vitae, clearly indicating three (3) traceable referees, including their contact details, should be submitted and addressed to:
The Hon. Mr Speaker
P. 0. Box 31299 LUSAKA
The closing date of receipt of applications is 16th March, 2018.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
ZambianMe.com is the leading website for jobs and skills in Zambia. Thousands of job seekers and recruiters use this website daily. Please subscribe and post your skills for free!!