Reporting to the Delivery Supervisor, the Courier Service Driver shall provide professional, courteous and efficient delivery of customer orders to customers’ homes, businesses or delivery pickup locations. The driver should be skillful at delivering shipments safely while meeting tight deadlines. The driver should be dependable and energetic enough to load and offload packages from the delivery truck and have a flexible working schedule as hours may vary depending on operational need. The driver should be responsible enough to check shipments and documentation for conformance to Radian Stores delivery standards.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive delivery vehicles to designated destinations for customer product deliveries.
- Drive safely and deliver products within deadlines.
- Analyse delivery address, determine appropriate routes and maintain schedule.
- Capture proof of delivery upon delivery and handover relevant documentation related to the delivery to the customer.
- Collect payments from customers at the time of product delivery when required by the Supervisor.
- Work with the warehouse and sales teams to provide exceptional customer services and address customer concerns.
- Load and unload products to and from the delivery truck.
- Perform vehicle inspection such as checking fluid level and tyre pressure.
- Notify supervisors about any major repairs and maintenance.
- Follow local driving laws and road regulations.
- Maintain the vehicle clean and safe.
- Adhere to company operating policies and procedures.
- Maintain driving log, prepare vehicle performance forms and complete daily paperwork.
- Provide special care in delivering fragile products.
- Must be at least 23 years of age and have had a driver’s license for 3 years or more.
- Must possess a valid class C or higher driver’s license.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and have a CLEAN drivers record & CLEAN background.
- Should not have any felony/misdemeanour convictions or DUI’s within the last 3 years to get a clearance from RTSA.
- Must be able to use modern communication mediums and technology such as Social Media (WhatsApp, Facebook), Online Maps, and Delivery Signature Software etc.
- Must have positive, customer service oriented attitude.
- Must be fluent in the English language, both verbal and written.
- Must be presentable and in clean attire at all times.
- Must be ready for a flexible work schedule and must be able to work weekends depending on operational need.
- Be able to lift heavy packages on a repetitive basis.