WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. University degree in Graphic design, Communication, Journalism or Public Relations or equivalent
Language: General Service (Headquarters): Fluency (level C) in English language. Fluency (level C) or intermediate knowledge (level B) of another official language may be required depending on the location of the post or area of responsibility.
General Service (Field): Fluency in both oral and written communication in the English language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different.
This position is based in Zambia Co and report to a Communications Officer or the designate. Job holders at this level take responsibility for completion of a range of communications processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices.
To perform general administrative and some specialized communications processes that support the creation of communications content and the delivery of communications services aimed at maintaining and enhancing WFP’s visibility and reputation and supporting fundraising activities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Develop the WFP Zambia Country Office Social Media plan in line with WFP Social Media guidelines provided by Head Quarters.
- Provide social media branding, design and messaging support to WFP Zambia’s Communications unit in line with its communications and branding strategies.
- Coordinating and executing the WFP’s Social Media strategy, working across key social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Assist with streamlining WFP’s social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and other social media platforms), ensuring uniform content and tone of voice for landing pages, graphics, and other elements within the communities.
- Increase the number of followers we have on Twitter by following and engaging with potential partners and donors
- Monitoring and replying to Tweets from candidates and clients (initially under supervision from Communications Associate & RBJ).
- Posting updates to the WFP’sLinkedIn account (initially under supervision from Communications Associate & RBJ).
- Use LinkedIn polls and surveys to build the WFP social media footprint and reputation.
- Liaising with staff internally to ensure that their programme profiles are accurate and updated on the WFP Website (initially under supervision from Communications Associate).
- Posting updates to the Facebook account (under supervision from Communications Associate).
Work with Communications to implement other channel-specific campaigns (e.g. uploading photos and videos).
- Design publications in line with WFP set standards
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Successful candidate will have demonstrable knowledge of social media management and graphic design creative solutions.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has demonstrated an ability to perform routine communication techniques and activities in line with WFPs operating standards through day to day work
- Has supported in providing ad-hoc guidance to new staff members
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The SSA contract will be issued for 3 months, with the possibility of extension.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Deadline to receiving applications 19 th May 2019.
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.