WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. University degree in Graphic design, Communication, Journalism or Public Relations or equivalent
Language: General Service (Headquarters): Fluency (level C) in English language. Fluency (level C) or intermediate knowledge (level B) of another official language may be required depending on the location of the post or area of responsibility.
General Service (Field): Fluency in both oral and written communication in the English language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different.
These is based in Zambia Co and report to a Communications Officer or the designate. Job holders at this level take responsibility for completion of a range of communications processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices.ctivities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices.
To perform general administrative and some specialised communications processes that support the creation of communications content and the delivery of communications services aimed at maintaining and enhancing WFP’s visibility and reputation and supporting fundraising activities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Develop the WFP Zambia Country Office Social Media plan in line with WFP Social Media guidelines provided by Head Quarters.
- Provide social media branding, design and messaging support to WFP Zambia’s Communications unit in line with its communications and branding strategies.
- Coordinating and executing the WFP’s Social Media strategy, working across key social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Assist with streamlining WFP’s social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and other social media platforms), ensuring uniform content and tone of voice for landing pages, graphics, and other elements within the communities.
- Increase the number of followers we have on Twitter by following and engaging with potential partners and donors
- Monitoring and replying to Tweets from candidates and clients (initially under supervision from Communications Associate & RBJ).
- Posting updates to the WFP’sLinkedIn account (initially under supervision from Communications Associate & RBJ).
- Use LinkedIn polls and surveys to build the WFP social media footprint and reputation.
- Liaising with staff internally to ensure that their programme profiles are accurate and updated on the WFP Website (initially under supervision from Communications Associate).
- Posting updates to the Facebook account (under supervision from Communications Associate).
- Work with Communications to implement other channel-specific campaigns (e.g. uploading photos and videos).
- Design publications in line with WFP set standards
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
Successful candidate will have demonstrable knowledge of social media management and graphic design creative solutions.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has demonstrated an ability to perform routine communication techniques and activities in line with WFPs operating standards through day to day work
- Has supported in providing ad-hoc guidance to new staff members
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The SSA contract will be issued for Three months, with the possibilty of extension.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Deadline to receiving applications 17th May 2019.
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.