NKHWAZI PRIMARY SCHOOL
JOB OPPORTUNITY – CLASS TEACHER
Nkhwazi Primary School is a highly-acclaimed school with 720 pupils in 24 classes, with a maximum pupil to teacher ratio of 30:1. Its secure, custom built, 10 acres (4 hectare) campus is situated in the central area of Lusaka, with modern sports facilities and a multi-purpose hall.
The School was founded in 1971 and follows an Anglo-Zambian syllabus. This high performing School has achieved excellent results at Grade 7 level and has consistently been ranked in the top 10 in the country over the past 21 years.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The School seeks and invites applications from suitably qualified applicants that fit the requirements below:
- Full Grade 12 School Certificate
- BA Education Dcgrcc (minimum requirement) with at least three years teaching experience at primary school level.
- Candidates must be computer literate
- Experience in using Smart Board or an equivalent system and the Adobe Smart Suite will be an added advantage
- Have an intrinsic knowledge of the Zambian Curriculum
- Must be registered with the Teaching Council of Zambia
- Prepare termly schemes of work and weekly forecasts
- Prepare tests, exams and progress reports for the pupils
- Take an active role in the development and organising in the school’s Extra Curriculum Activties (ECAs)
- Develop age-appropriate instructional strategies to achieve the curriculum goals
- To liaise with the parents and provide written reports on the academic progress of their child
Letters of application together with CV, copies of qualifications and names of three current traceable referees should be sent to the Head of School. The deadline for submission of applications is 24th July 2019.
NKHWAZI PRIMARY SCHOOL, 8 ITUNA ROAD,
P. O. BOX 50950, RIDGEWAY, LUSAKA
TELEPHONE: (0211) 25 13 53 & 0971 01 58 10