Requisition Number: 505547
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Categories: Construction, Engineering
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Installation of new refrigeration systems, replacement of old, faulty or redundant refrigeration and air conditioning systems as per the company and vendor’s safety and quality specifications.
- Refrigeration & Air conditioner protection
- Ensure that all refrigeration and air conditioners are correctly wired, piped and protected for effective and safe operation.
- Adhere to the companies planned and preventative maintenance schedules and procedures.
- Effectively maintaining existing Refrigeration and air conditioning equipment with minimum effect on the plant production.
- Diagnosing malfunctions and defects on refrigeration and air conditioning systems.
Reporting and record keeping.
- Report all incidents immediately to the Supervisor
- Ensure that all Safety and substation logbooks are checked and signed according to the procedure.
- Ensure that stock levels of refrigeration equipment are maintained in the warehouse and report all defective or substandard equipment to your direct Supervisor.
Tools and audit.
- Maintain the correct and safe usage of all hand tools within your section
- Report all defective tools, record and control all replacement of tools.
Training and development.
- Identify needs for specialised training requirements within your area.
- No person is allowed to operate any equipment without an official driving permit.
- Any other duties as directed by the Direct Supervisor.
- Minimum of a Grade 12 Certificate
- Technicians or Craft Certificate in Refrigeration and air conditioning
- Provincial Driving Permit for LMV
- Member of EIZ
- Minimum Two years’ experience in a Mining environment working as a Refrigeration Technician.
- Understanding the operations of commercial and residential refrigeration systems.
- Knowledge of compressors, condensers and electrical connections and motor operations
- Knowledge of basic construction, piping and plumbing works
- Good knowledge on the use of measuring instruments, operating tools, gauges and other testing equipment for refrigeration systems
- Reading electrical and electronic drawings and schematics
- Computer literate.
- Technical Skills
- Standby and overtime where required
- Exposure to noise/dust
Applications close: FLE Daylight Time